This summer—as part of our See the World in a New Light campaign—we’re hosting a series of free events for our community at local camera stores and creative spaces. Below, find out how you can join us for our upcoming photo walks, and see some highlights from our April workshop at Treehouse in Honolulu with photographer and artist Mark Oblow:
Saturday, July 15 | Leica DC | Washington, DC | 11am – 1pm
- Hosts: Holly Garner & Kyle Myles
- Details: We will meet at Leica DC store at 11am – a limited number of Leica cameras will be available to loan.
- Giveaway: The Berlin II messenger in black
Wednesday, May 24 | Leica SF | San Francisco, CA | 5-8pm
- Read our highlights post.
- Hosts: Pei Ketron, Daniel Cohen
- Details: The walk will begin at Leica Store SF, where a limited number of Leica cameras will be available for loan (bring an ID, credit card, and SD card). We’ll leave the store at 5:30, head through Chinatown, and then go toward the piers for golden hour.
- Giveaway: The ONA for Leica Bowery bag for the best shot from the walk.
Sunday, June 11 | Glazer’s | Seattle, WA | 1:30pm
- Host: Victoria Wright
- Details: The walk will begin at the UW Boardwalk, from there the group will proceed down to the lake where participants can photograph the Center for Wooden Boats and the surrounding landscape.
- Giveaway: A leather Bowery bag of choice.
Saturday, June 24 | Low Res Studio Summer Snap Off | Chicago, IL | 11am – 3pm
- Please note: this event is free but space is limited – please RSVP here.
- Details: Meet us at The Hollander Hotel in Wicker Park where you will be welcomed with a cup of coffee and Snap Off instructions. After everyone gets settled we will reveal the secret prop and unleash you into the area to shoot, edit and upload your submission. At the end we’ll meet on floor 2 of The Robey to vote on our favorite photos.
- Giveaway: The Nylon Camps Bay Backpack
Friday, June 30 | Adorama | New York, NY | 10am – 1pm
- Hosts: Paola Franqui , Oveck Reyes & Steven Irby
- Details: We will meet at the northwest corner of Washington Square Park and end at the Adorama store to view the finale episode of “Through the Lens: Cuba” and participate in a Q&A with cast members. Register here.
- Giveaway: The Nylon Camps Bay Backpack, featured on “Through the Lens: Cuba”
Photo above by Holly Garner.
Photo above by Wesley Taylor
In April, we partnered with ONA community member Mark Oblow, What Youth, Lomography and Electric for a one-of-a-kind event at Treehouse film photography store in Honolulu. The day started with a demo of Lomography’s Automat instant camera, followed by some of Mark’s signature mixed media doodling. Bobby from Treehouse shares: “Some kids even shot photos on a real camera for the first time. Seriously!” Thanks to everyone who came out – see some photos from the event below. Photos by Vince Krause and Chris Rohrer