This summer—as part of our See the World in a New Light campaign—we’re hosting a series of free events for our community at local camera stores and creative spaces. Below, find out how you can join us for our upcoming photo walks, and see some highlights from our April workshop at Treehouse in Honolulu with photographer and artist Mark Oblow:
Wednesday, May 24 | Leica SF | San Francisco, CA | 5-8pm
- Hosts: Pei Ketron, Daniel Cohen
- Details: The walk will begin at Leica Store SF, where a limited number of Leica cameras will be available for loan (bring an ID, credit card, and SD card). We’ll leave the store at 5:30, head through Chinatown, and then go toward the piers for golden hour.
- Giveaway: The ONA for Leica Bowery bag for the best shot from the walk.
Sunday, June 11 | Glazer’s | Seattle, IL | 1:30pm
- Host: Victoria Wright
- Details: The walk will start at Glazers and proceed down to the lake to photograph the Center for Wooden Boats and the surrounding landscape.
- Giveaway: TBA
Saturday, June 24 | Low Res Studio Summer Snap Off | Chicago, IL
- Details: TBA in the coming weeks.
- Giveaway: The Nylon Camps Bay Backpack
Photo by Wesley Taylor
More events—including a NYC walk—will be announced in the coming weeks.
In April, we partnered with ONA community member Mark Oblow, What Youth, Lomography and Electric for a one-of-a-kind event at Treehouse film photography store in Honolulu. The day started with a demo of Lomography’s Automat instant camera, followed by some of Mark’s signature mixed media doodling. Bobby from Treehouse shares: “Some kids even shot photos on a real camera for the first time. Seriously!” Thanks to everyone who came out – see some photos from the event below. Photos by Vince Krause and Chris Rohrer